Monday, May 10, 2021 / by Rose Toja
1. Gutters- Pull leaves & debris out of the gutters, run a hose on the roof & check if there are any leaks that need to be fixed.
2. Siding- Power wash vinyl siding to prevent mold from forming. If you have wood siding, there may be areas that need a paint touch-up!
3. Windows & Door Screens- Check screens for holes & replace them if necessary. Clean windows inside & out! Let buyers focus on the view!
4. Hot Water Heater- Lubricate the circulating pump & motor. If you are not familiar with these parts, you may want to call in a professional for maintenance.
5. Roof- Inspect the roof for any missing, loose or damaged shingles that need to be replaced.
6. Deck or Porch- Check the deck or porch to see if they need to weather treated or re-stained. Check railings for sturdiness & adjust them if needed.
7. Sprinkler System- Replace or fix any valves that are leaking or not working!
8. Landscaping- First impressions are important! ...
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 / by Laurie Weeks
Laurie Weeks , Long Island South Shore Realtor
So I was just ranting with another agent about the problems associated with sellers pricing their homes correctly and effectively. This can be so frustrating , especially in todays market. We know that this is a Sellers Market. We also know that this does not mean that Sellers can set their price higher-just because the buyers have been paying higher prices.
So I got to thinking- Sellers have to understand the Psychology behind pricing and buyer offers. Here are two scenarios for the same property... this was on an actual listing, which still has not sold.
The seller chose a listing price of $520k. They were given current market statistics, showing homes in local area selling for under $500K. They stood their ground, after 3 open houses, no offers came thru and traffic was below average. The typical open house has a line of buyers waiting to get into the house with multiple offers after the first open house. This . ...
Monday, April 19, 2021 / by Jonathan Interiano
As we look forward to sunny days, and the reopening of many businesses, buyers that continue to migrate from Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn are still on the hunt for a new home.
With such a shortage of inventory, my team of agents and I are also on the hunt to find new listings to help any and all of those who are unable to find a home in this moment. We urge you those buyers that are looking in Suffolk and Nassau county to be patient and have trust in us to help you find what you are looking for.
So for anyone that has had the slightest idea of selling their home in the areas such as Dix Hills, Commack, Brentwood, Bay Shore, Central Islip, Uniondale, Massapequa, Babylon or anywhere on the Long Island, please contact me at 631-291-2009
If we are unable to chat over the phone, maybe you'll see me walking around in your neighborhood getting to know you and your neighbors as my partner and I did in this video.
Suffolk county Long Island Real Estate - Jonathan Interiano ...
Wednesday, April 14, 2021 / by Rose Toja
The value of the right lighting in a home is undeniable. Lighting can instantly transform a room and create the ambiance homeowners are looking to establish.
Backyards have come a long way over the last several decades. Once reserved as play areas for children and stomping grounds for the family dog, backyards have become oases for homeowners and their families. Outdoor living areas are wildly popular, and no such area is complete without exterior lighting. Exterior lighting can have a dramatic effect on landscaping.
When installing exterior lighting around their landscapes, homeowners can keep various tips in mind to create a relaxing, awe-inspiring mood on their properties at night.
Consider up lights: Up lights are installed in the ground and direct light up at a tree, focusing on its trunk or canopy. This creates a dramatic effect that makes it possible to enjoy majestic trees at night just like you might when spending time in the yard during the day.
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 / by Christine Demetriou
My name is Christine Demetriou and I’m here to help buyers and sellers in Western Suffolk County, with emphasis on the Smithtown, Commack, Hauppauge, West Islip, Bay Shore and Babylon areas. My office is Exit Realty Achieve in Smithtown, NY.
Being a licensed home inspector and having over a decade experience in the home improvement business, I can offer my clients something different. I believe I can offer my clients a different point of view, something beyond the “shiny and new” of a recently renovated home. Or advising a seller on what will come up on a home inspection before it actually happens.
Testimonials for Christine Demetriou
· “Shopping for a new home, I met Christine as a seller’s agent at a prospective property. She was so honest, upfront, and personable that she became our exclusive agent that very day. 12/10 rating -Lifelong client here.” - Bill M. -Farmingdale, NY